I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
Ettiene De Grellet

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Good News or Not so Good News First?

Good News

Dr. Taranow removed my only wire--the device that went through and through my leg above my ankle. I am ecstatic to be wire free! I now only have six half pins--they are the ones that go into the bone. Knock on wood, I have yet to have any major irritations with the half pins. I had a lot of problems with the wires! Dad thinks it might be because he is allergic to stainless steal and I have had problems w/the metal as well (I am unable to wear stainless steal earrings). The wires where stainless steal whereas the half pins are titanium..



Not So Good News

I received the results of my CT scan yesterday. One of the fractures is not healing like it should be. I was expecting not to have great news but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad either. So, I am looking at something as simple as loosening my struts to make the bones move more therefore be stimulated and then grow. Or, the most unfavorable, have another bone graft done. The bone graft isn't what the problem is--it is the bone donor site. The pain that came from that was more intense, deep and all around horrible than anything else I have had to go through with.



I will find out more by Tuesday. So, keep posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner