I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
Ettiene De Grellet

Friday, January 11, 2008

A Sock Shower

I have never had so much fun getting socks! On Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 I was the honored guest at the Pilgrim Circle of First Congregational Church of Bellingham (the church I have attended since I was 18 months old). What wonderful ladies surrounded me with such love! Now I have an abundance of cute and outlandish socks! Since people are going to see my leg in a "bird cage" and stare anyway I might as well make my socks interesting if not obnoxious all at once. Have you ever picked out your socks first and then found an outfit to go with them? I have the wonderful luxery to do just that. With so many socks to pick from and the fact that my right foot can only take a really short sock (ankletes) I am having way too much fun puting two different socks together--one knee high or crew length and one anklet. Now, how many people can you say do that? Most days I have to wear the two different socks that are attention grabbing just by themselves. I won't say no to a little attention--especially if it isn't always about "the bird cage."



Now for my sappy moment--I know it is thick as syrup but it is absolutely true.



The saying "You can never go home again" is true in the sense that "you" are not the same nor is the place. Nevertheless, I always knew I could find warmth, faith, consoling, encouragement etc in the midst of the the members of FCCB. If I did not know how loved I was I do now. It a wonderful functional affrimation of support. It was never so apprent how I am surrounded by wonderful people who only want me to be healthy and happy! -No matter what those at the FCCB will always open their arms wide for me to come home!

"...and God is still speaking..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner