I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
Ettiene De Grellet

Monday, March 3, 2008

With Grandpa on a sandy beach.

As some of you know my Grandma turned 95 on the 31st of January. She was an extraordinary woman of many talents! She has had Parkinson's Disease for as long as I can remember--so for over 3 decades. The Parkinson's Disease has made life for Grandma & anyone helping her really rough! Nevertheless, with her quiet diligence she set out to complete two final goals.


  1. Put together & publish a book including her short stories, poetry, comments of the world around her & images--paintings, photographs of her youth & photographs she took herself.

  2. Re-do/up-date the kitchen for my Aunt Cathy--the youngest daughter of the two.

She did those things & was quite happy & she was pleased as punch about it!

Sunday 3/2/08 My Aunt Cathy gently told her, "It is time to go Ma, It is almost spring & Dad is waiting for you to walk on the beach with him. " My Grandma, Eleanor Richards Roraff peacefully slipped from this world into the next.


All posts are dedicated to those who love me. This is especially dedicated to my Grandma, Eleanor Richards Roraff, daughter, sister, friend, wife, Mother & Grandma. Beloved by all who knew her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner