I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
Ettiene De Grellet

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Upcoming Surgery


I have exciting news-I am getting the dang foot plate removed either next week or the following week. It will probably be two weeks from now considering how surgery scheduling usually goes.
But if I have any more pain and/or problems I am to alert my doc for emergency surgery. Since I have NEVER liked the dang foot plate I am not sad to see it go or the five pins going through my foot! Surgery here I come! Dr. Taranow let me know that the surgery could be as simple as 1 hour or as complicated as 3 hours depending on how one of my half pins is behaving in the bone.


So, socks are defiantly are in the near future. Sadly I am afraid shoes are not going to be so easy at first. But my tootsies will be free! In other exciting news I have a bone cloud, which means I am laying down bone around my fractures. I have only one thing to say about that--FINALLY! Dr. Gillman the big-wig from Portland, Oregon (one of the leading experts in this field) who has been advising Dr. Taranow b/c I am such a weird case was quite surprised to hear that I have a bone cloud around my fractures. Woooo Whoooo! Now I just need more and more bone growth.
xoxo
Lara






No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner