I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
Ettiene De Grellet

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hospital Visit II--this round w/results

Well, after a very frustrating day at the hospital I went home. The following day I had a wonderful excursion to the doctor's office who preformed in office "surgery" (that brings the tally up to 8) where my Doctor removed all five pins that went through my foot. I have never been so excited to be able to wiggle my toes!!! The procedure was relatively painless--felt more like someone very sharply pinching me--though the nurse did say to double up on pain meds before I came in. My doctor giddily remarked, "I can't believe you let me do this in the office!" after removing all 5 pins. I think he likes his job a little too much sometimes! But I am very glad he does! So, I was able to wear two socks and two shoes for the first time since August. Unless you have not been in a similar situation you might not know how those two items meant so much! Surgery to removal and replace three half pins (those are the ones that go into the bone versus the wires that go through the entire leg) was then scheduled for Thursday the next week on December 6th. That surgery was a breeze (am I off my rocker that I have had so many surgeries to say such a thing)! I had no problems with anesthesia or leg spasms or leg cramps. Thank god for good drugs! I spent the night and after some physical therapy the next morning I was ready to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner