I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
Ettiene De Grellet

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Knitting the Pain Away

I wanted to give a big standing ovation to all my sister knitters (I hear we have a brother knitter out there but he remains to grace us with his presences since I started attending). I joined the knitting group at the First Congregational Church of Bellingham initially because it was a great way to get out of the house and it kept my hands busy without having to think too much. These reasons are so minute as to why I continue to attend! So here is my list of reasons why these Ladies of Knitting Needles Rock!
  1. The endless peels of laughter that ensues!
  2. The calming sense of keeping one's hands busy w/the same act over and over again.
  3. Good stories of life from all realms!
  4. Hugs.
  5. Finding new ways to do the same old thing.
  6. Sharing one's great news.
  7. Splitting the sorrow up--dividing and conquering it!
  8. Knowing I am not the only one struggling w/life!
  9. Taking my pain morphing it into a tangible gift of warmth and love to be wrapped around someone in an unending hug of comfort.
  10. Most importantly--the Knitters themselves--Kay P., Kay M., Phyllis, Sharry, Thirza, Sharon, Shirley, Cheryl, Miss Hannah, Nancy, Judy, Janet, Bobbi, Scott (the honorary knitter b/c of his comic relief) and all who have graced my presence on Wednesday nights whose names have slipped my mind (I blame the drugs--my story and I am sticking to it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner